Posted: May 1, 2014
Position – Master Trainer, Girls Education Challenge Program (Nigeria)
Applications Due: 5PM, August 8, 2014
Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF)
Our mission is to create enriched communities in which the appropriate use of technology affords opportunities for marginalized youth and women.
The Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) partners with low-income communities in the U.S. and with rural communities in the developing countries to create new learning and life opportunities for youth and women using appropriate technology. Focusing on education, entrepreneurship and individual empowerment, YTF works with individuals and communities to identify barriers to success, design and implement sustainable solutions, build collaborative networks, engage business and government, and find a path to better futures for families and communities.
Master Trainer, Girls Education Challenge Program (Nigeria) Duties & Responsibilities
The Master trainer will serve as a lead trainer. The primary goal of this program is to improve the life chances of marginalized girls by helping them successfully complete school and transition into the world of work. The Master Trainer will deliver train-the-trainer content to appropriate participants and stakeholder representatives (e.g., communities, school administrators & teachers, parents/guardians, etc.). The Master Trainer will serve as the lead trainer for each of the states and as the lead trainer for participating schools. Master trainers will work with school administrators to select teachers & girls, & to create training plans. The Master Trainer also facilitates communications between the Girls Education Challenge management, staff & stakeholders to ensure effective networking, experience-sharing & the identification & implementation of best practices.
YTF welcomes applicants who have recent experience in academic-based education or business-related training programs.
The successful candidate must have demonstrable interests in:
- the education, empowerment & inclusion of Nigeria’s girls and women
- employability skills and entrepreneurship
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide all necessary train-the-trainer workshop content
- Collaborate with schools in teacher & girls recruitment
- Oversee training of participating girls
- Identify engaging, relevant, and culturally appropriate instructional materials.
- Select & procure materials from the marketplace that meet these criteria.
- Where gaps are identified, work with educators, subject-matter experts, stakeholders & YTF staff to create &/or identify appropriate materials.
- Collaborate with educators, subject-matter experts, stakeholders & YTF staff to develop engaging teaching resources and materials.
- Establish teaching/learning guidelines for high quality content that is appropriate for target age groups, suitable for the local cultural context and functional as a tool for education.
- Curriculum review & update recommendations
- Document best practices and lessons learned through the Program’s implementation.
- Conduct site visits at all programs/projects to assess implementation & identify all/any program-related progress regarding activities, challenges, needs, etc.
- Establish & maintain regular (daily, weekly, monthly) communications (e.g., email, face-to-face conferences, Skype-based meetings, & telephone) with Girls Education Challenge Program Director & Program Coordinator, & program staff to assess organizational and program-related progress regarding activities, challenges, needs, etc.
- Evaluate trainers performance & identify capacity-building needs
- Participate in all/any other activities as required to fulfill YTF’s mission & objectives.
- Supervisor: Girls Education Challenge Program Director
- Supervises: Girls Education Challenge trainers
YTF offers a competitive salary which is commensurate with experience.
Applicant Credentials & Qualifications
The successful candidate must be committed to YTF’s mission, goals & programs. Also, the successful candidate must be committed to serving as a positive representative and being the face of YTF/Nigeria. As a member of YTF’s Nigeria team, the successful Master Trainer will:
have a passion for YTF’s mission, seek to have a positive impact on a growing non-profit organization, be an innovative & creative thinker, to inspire others to do so, have a very high level of personal/professional integrity & trustworthiness, have a strong work ethic & require minimal direction, work well independently & as part of a team, and thrive in a fast-paced & exciting environment.
- Education – A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Social Sciences preferred.
- Work History – A minimum of 5 years related work experience & a minimum of 3 years experience as a master trainer in multi-stakeholder educational/training settings in private commerce & industry, public agencies & institutions, nongovernmental/ nonprofit organizations is required.
- Extensive experience delivering educational content &/or providing training
- Extensive experience in train-the-trainer education and content delivery
- Substantial experience providing training in Information & Communication Technology (ICT), &/or Entrepreneurship and Life Skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with individuals & large groups
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English & at least one local language
- Capacity to engage diverse participants
- Ability to engage remedial participants
- Strong teaching/learning & presentation skills
- Proven track record of successful training
- Resourceful & well organized
Please submit a cover letter describing why you believe yourself to be the best qualified person for this position & goals for the position if selected, and a copy of your current curriculum vitae or resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Application for Master Trainer – Girls Education Challenge” in the subject line. No calls, faxes, or office visits will be accepted.
Due to high applicant volume, YTF regrets that we not respond to all applicants, and only those candidates invited to interview will be contacted.
All applications must be received by: 5PM, August 8, 2014
YTF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.