Posted:May 1, 2014
Position – Program Manager for Strategic Partnerships (Nigeria)
Applications Due: 5PM, September 1, 2014
We encourage Applications from Nigerian Citizens
Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF)
Our mission is to create enriched communities in which the appropriate use of technology affords opportunities for marginalized youth and women.
Founded in 2000, Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) partners with low-income communities in the U.S. and with rural communities in the developing countries to create new learning and life opportunities for youth and women using appropriate technology. Focusing on education, entrepreneurship and individual empowerment, YTF works with individuals and communities to identify barriers to success, design and implement sustainable solutions, build collaborative networks, engage business and government, and find a path to better futures for families and communities.
Program Manager for Strategic Partnerships Duties & Responsibilities
YTF is expanding our outreach and programs in Nigeria and to support this effort we are seeking a Program Manager for Strategic Partnerships to focus our outreach & partnership-building activities with communities, corporations, educational institutions, foundations, individuals and industries across Nigeria. The Manager will develop strategies for identifying new opportunities, increase brand awareness in the relevant stakeholder communities, and provide leadership for organizational & programmatic expansion, partner engagement and business development.
Based at YTF’s corporate office in Owerri, Imo State this 24-month position (with the possibility of renewal) is a full-time (40 hours/week equivalent), with limited nights/weekends and frequent (e.g., 25% annually) travel required. YTF welcomes applicants who have recent experience in Business Administration, Business Development, Economic Development, Nonprofit Management, or Public Administration. A preference will be given to all/any candidates with prior working experience in Nigeria.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Building YTF’s position by developing, defining, negotiating, and securing collaborative relationships with businesses, communities, educational institutions, etc.
- Identifying potential partners &/or partnership opportunities
- Screening potential partnerships through analysis of institutional activities & achievements, contractual requirements, financials; evaluation of alternatives & options
- Developing negotiating strategies through analysis of opportunities in relationship to YTF‘s mission & goals; examination of potentials & risks; estimation of potential partners’ needs and goals.
- Creating new collaboration relationships through coordination of requirements; developing & negotiating contracts & integration of contract requirements with YTF
- Establish & maintain regular (daily, weekly, monthly) communications (e.g., email, face-to-face conferences, Skype-based meetings, & telephone) with YTF Executive Director, YTF staff, program partners, &/or stakeholders to assess progress regarding activities, challenges, needs, etc.
- Supervisor: YTF Executive Director
- Supervises: No supervisory responsibilities
YTF offers a competitive commission-based compensation commensurate with experience.
Applicant Credentials & Qualifications
The successful candidate must be committed to YTF’s mission, goals & programs. Also, the successful candidate must be committed to serving as a positive representative and being the face of YTF/Nigeria.
- Education – A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Business Administration, Business or Economic Development, Nonprofit Management, or Public Administration is required.
- Work History – A minimum of 10 years related work experience & a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a business developer, marketing manager or partnership manager for multi-stakeholder settings (e.g., NGO, private, public, etc.) private commerce & industry, public agencies & institutions, nongovernmental/ nonprofit organizations is required.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English & one local language
- Ability to engage and recruit diverse individuals, groups & stakeholders
- Extensive experience in business development, marketing, partnership-building, promotions &/or sales
- Comprehensive knowledge of local business communities, markets, stakeholder groups, etc.
- Proven track record of business development, marketing &/or partnership-building
- Resourceful and well organized
Please submit a cover letter describing why you believe yourself to be the best qualified person for this position & goals for the position if selected, and a copy of your current curriculum vitae or resume via email (email@example.com) with “Application for Program Manager for Strategic Partnerships” in the subject line. No calls, faxes, or office visits will be accepted.
Due to high applicant volume, YTF regrets that we not respond to all applicants, and only those candidates invited to interview will be contacted.
All applications must be received by: 5PM, September 1, 2014
YTF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.