- 77% of the population are under the age of 30
- By 2050, the number of children under age 18 will double from 22 million to 44 million
- Nearly 30% of youth do not complete primary school
- Gender disparities exist in secondary (12% fewer girls) and postsecondary education (21% fewer women) completion
- Between 2011 and 2013, the proportion of urban population living in slums increased from 28% to 43%
- The percent of rural residents recently declined from 87% to 75%
- Mobile subscriptions per 100 inhabitants increased from just 4.5 in 2004 to 54 in 2015
YTF Programs in Uganda:
YTF also implements the following auxiliary programs in Uganda
What’s a Digital Village?
This is what we call our training centers (officially “Community Technology and Learning Centers (CTLC’s)”. They take a different form in every country, based on the grassroots organizations we partner with and what types of training programs the community needs. In each country, we have one flagship Digital Village, though YTF works more broadly across each country delivering programs in partnership with other organizations.
In most cases, it is an established location that provides hardware (like computers), employs local citizens as trainers, and hosts training programs most relevant to that community. They can be franchised to serve new communities.
Back to Where We Work >