YTF is an international non profit working at the intersection of technology for education and entrepreneurship. Our clients are youth, ages 8-25, and women living primarily in low income communities and in developing nations. YTF develops technology inspired programming in the U.S, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and Colombia.
In the U.S., our work is centered around technology inspiration in education. Through 3D Printing Academy for Girls, we inspire middle school age girls to pursue STEM education and careers. We are on a mission to inspire the next generation of engineers and scientists.
YTF is seeking an experienced grant writer to support aspects of our fundraising strategy in the U.S., which include communication with potential funders and donors as well as persuasively communicating YTF’s mission, programs and impact. Priorities include researching grant opportunities, preparing budget and supporting report templates for grant proposals, helping write letters of inquiry and grand proposals as well as working with other staff in the maintenance of the grant proposal and research process.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant making organizations.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations.
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers.
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgment of foundation gifts and individual donations.
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letter of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports.
- Conducting prospect research.
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical and philanthropic information. Familiarity with Raisers Edge and Foundation Center databases a plus. Candidate must possess an ability to work under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information in a compelling, inspirational and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience are required.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references who can attest to your experience as a grantwriter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
YTF is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.