Posted: May 1, 2014
Position – Program Manager for Gender, ICTs and Mobile Financial Services (Nigeria)
Applications Due: 5PM, JULY 31, 2014
Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF)
Our mission is to create enriched communities in which the appropriate use of technology affords opportunities for marginalized youth and women.
Founded in 2000, Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) partners with low-income communities in the U.S. and with rural communities in the developing countries to create new learning and life opportunities for youth and women using appropriate technology. Focusing on education, entrepreneurship and individual empowerment, YTF works with individuals and communities to identify barriers to success, design and implement sustainable solutions, build collaborative networks, engage business and government, and find a path to better futures for families and communities.
Program Manager for Gender, ICTs and Mobile Financial ServicesDuties & Responsibilities
YTF is expanding our outreach and programs in Nigeria and to support this effort we are seeking a Program Manager for Gender, ICTs and Mobile Financial Services to focus our outreach & partnership-building activities with communities, corporations, educational institutions, foundations, individuals and industries across Nigeria. The Manager will develop strategies for identifying new opportunities, increase brand awareness in the relevant stakeholder communities, and provide leadership for organizational & programmatic expansion, partner engagement and business development.
This position is a full-time (40 hours/week equivalent), with occasional nights & weekends required depending on program needs. Frequent travel will be required to YTF program sites from YTF’s corporate offices in Owerri, Imo State. YTF welcomes applicants who have recent experience in Business Administration, Business Development, Economic Development, Nonprofit Management, or Public Administration. A preference will be given to all/any candidates with prior working experience in Nigeria.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):.
- Partnering with a premier bank in Nigeria to deliver mobile banking services and solutions to women at the bottom of the pyramid.
- Building YTF’s position by developing, defining, negotiating, and securing collaborative relationships with businesses, communities, educational institutions.
- Screening potential partnerships through analysis of institutional activities & achievements, contractual requirements, financials; evaluation of alternatives & options
- Developing negotiating strategies through analysis of opportunities in relationship to YTF‘s mission & goals; examination of potentials & risks; estimation of potential partners’ needs and goals.
- Designing and implementing YTF’s business skills training across 10 states in Nigeria.
- Establish & maintain regular (daily, weekly, monthly) communications (e.g., email, face-to-face conferences, Skype-based meetings, & telephone) with YTF Executive Director, YTF staff, program partners, &/or stakeholders to regarding program activities, challenges, needs, etc.
- Supervisor: YTF Executive Director
- Supervises Master Trainers in the field to ensure training goals are met
YTF offers a competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Non-monetary compensation includes the opportunity to be part of a unique and innovative organization that is transforming the lives of millions of children and families in the developing world.
Applicant Credentials & Qualifications
The successful candidate must be committed to YTF’s mission, goals & programs. Also, the successful candidate must be committed to serving as a positive representative of YTF’s gender/ICT & entrepreneurship programs in Nigeria.
- Education – A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Business Administration, Business or Economic Development, Nonprofit Management, or Public Administration is required.
- Work History – A minimum of 8 years related work experience & a minimum of 5 years experience as a business developer, marketing manager or partnership manager for multi-stakeholder settings (e.g., NGO, private, public, etc.) private commerce & industry, public agencies & institutions, nongovernmental/ nonprofit organizations is required.
- Industry Expertise - A background in a financial services industry or a telecommunications industry preferred.
- Experience developing & managing complex programs
- Extensive experience in financial services (e.g., financial agent management, mobile financial services, mobile money, etc.)
- Strong business development &/or marketing skills
- Knowledge/skills in banking, financial consulting & telecommunications sectors of the Nigerian economy
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage resources efficiently and effectively to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English & one local language
- Ability to engage and recruit diverse individuals, groups & stakeholders
- Extensive experience in business development, marketing, partnership-building, promotions &/or sales
- Comprehensive knowledge of Nigerian business communities, markets, stakeholder groups, etc.
- Proven track record of business development, marketing &/or partnership-building
- Resourceful and well organized
Please submit a cover letter describing why you believe yourself to be the best qualified person for this position & goals for the position if selected, and a copy of your current curriculum vitae or resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Application for Program Manager for Gender, ICTs and Mobile Financial Services” in the subject line. No calls, faxes, or office visits will be accepted.
Due to high applicant volume, YTF regrets that we not respond to all applicants, and only those candidates invited to interview will be contacted.
All applications must be received by: 5PM, JULY 31, 2014
YTF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.