It has been quite a year, but one in which we have also witnessed collective breakthroughs and experienced small joys. We‘re grateful for you, our allies and friends, and your commitment to creating a better future by sharing your time, skills and funds to help make a difference. We won’t be able to do this work without each and every one of you.
On Tuesday, December 1, millions of people around the world will come together to celebrate Giving Tuesday, the internationally recognized day of giving. We hope you will join us by donating to our work at Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) on Giving Tuesday through our 12 Days of Impact campaign or before December 31, 2020.
We need your support more than ever to do more and any amount is appreciated and all donations in the U.S. are tax deductible.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Make a personal donation to YTF today or on Giving Tuesday (Dec. 1st). Request a match from your company to double your impact.
- Purchase your holiday gifts on Amazon Smile and select Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) as the non-profit to support.
- Donate your end of year charitable giving bonus through your company portal to YTF.
- Follow us on Instagram and join in our 12 Days of Impact Campaign beginning on December 1.
- Share this message with friends and family and encourage them to give as well.
When you give, volunteer or advocate with YTF, you are part of a powerful network capable of meeting the challenges of today and you are making a commitment to give to something bigger than yourself.
5 ways your financial donation will help.
Your donation will:
1. Support 3,500 school age children who have been left behind from the impact of COVID-19 through the establishment of “learning hubs” to ensure students stay on task and are well equipped with internet and online resources to continue to learn during and post pandemic.
2. Provide technology and entrepreneurship training to 1,000 girls, ages of 14 and 25. The young women will undergo training in basic digital literacy, programming, entrepreneurship and life skills. In partnership with our network of private sector companies, YTF will provide job placement support for those of employment age so that they are on a path to long-term success in the labor force while influencing workforce training systems that promote digital fluency in response to market needs.
3. Support 1,000 teachers in our network by providing resources and training through Locked Down but Not Locked Out (LDNLO). The program empowers teachers with interactive teaching methodologies and improved practices leveraging offline resources and platforms in a virtual classroom world.
4. Provide partial scholarships for 500 YTF Academy students to gain the skills and qualifications to participate in the emerging global workforce which is more competitive and increasingly virtual.
5. Search, select and engage 5,000 young changemakers across 10 universities (“Maker Schools”) to support development and understanding of fourth industrial revolution and emerging technologies through technology boot camps and Designathons.
No amount is too small. Thank you for donating and for standing with us as we rebuild together for a better and brighter 2021.